Remote Adventure (Half/full day)
Falklands Climbing Experience
The tour may be between 10 and 45 minutes travel time from the Falklands' capital Stanley.
- Climb on almost untouched climbing venues.
- Have the opportunity to try an adrenaline pumping abseil.
- Explore the wild mountains of East Falklands.
- Explore the remnants of the 1982 conflict including old Argentine shelters and monuments.
The tour will be either a half day experience close to Stanley approximately 3.5 hrs or a more advanced trip travelling to bigger and better venues taking approximately 6hrs. This will include:
- Pick up in 4WD vehicles from the Stanley Area.
- Preparation of climbing equipment- depending on the goals of the group.
- Travel to the venue in a 4WD vehicle.
- Safety brief and basic climbing instruction.
- A bespoke climbing experience depending on interests and group aspirations.
- Time for a quick hot drink before travelling back to Stanley.
Climbing is a weather dependent activity and the Falklands' weather does change very quickly with strong winds. We will do what we can to select a venue with some shelter but there may still be circumstances when this won't be possible and the trip will be postponed. Alternative bespoke trips such as 4WD trip taking in the best of the seasonal wildlife and historical landmarks, with a local guide could be arranged.
Who We Can Cater For
Because of the safety kit available we cannot cater for everyone.
- You must be at least 11 years old
- All children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- It you are pregnant then I'm sorry but you will not be able to come on this tour.
- if you have any medical/other information of which we should be made aware you must include this in your booking. This will enable us to assess whether this tour is appropriate. If it's not possible to go ahead with your booking we will let you know at the earliest opportunity.
Is It For You?
For those who want an adventure come and 'explore more' with Falklands Outdoors. Falklands Outdoors are the only tour operator in the Falklands offering climbing and other adventurous activities.
A. Not at all. All abilities are welcome although you must be physically up to the challenge of getting to the venue as they are often on remote sites which will require some approach walking.
A. Yes - then this is the tour for you. Falklands Outdoors are the only tour provider offering outdoor adventurous activities, and locations are chosen for remoteness and to provide a completely different perspective to the normal tourist trail.
A. Yes - great, climbing in the South Atlantic can be challenging. The weather can change quickly and the venue will be chosen to gain as much shelter as possible! However, the rewards far outweigh any discomfort.