Kayak and explore (Half day)
Guided sea kayak adventure
The half day tour, although only 10 mins from the Falklands' capital Stanley, will feel remote and wild.
- Kayak to beautiful white sandy beaches.
- Get a unique close up view of a remote penguin colony.
- Explore the rugged coastline.
- Look out for Magellanic and Gentoo penguins, cormorants and porpoise from this amazing viewpoint.
The tour will be a half day trip taking approximately 3hrs. This will include:
- Pick up in 4WD vehicles from the Stanley Area.
- Preparation of kayak equipment- we will do what we can to protect you from the elements, with full dry suits provided if necessary.
- Travel to the venue is a short trip in a 4WD vehicle.
- Safety brief and basic kayak instruction.
- On the water- exploring the wild coastline and getting close to the unique wildlife.
- Time for a quick hot drink before travelling back to Stanley.
Kayaking is a weather dependent activity and the Falklands' weather does change very quickly with strong winds, which can have a particularly dangerous and unpleasant effect on a sea kayak journey. If it isn't safe the trip will be postponed or alternative bespoke trip such as 4WD trip taking in the best of the seasonal wildlife variation and historical landmarks, with a local guide could be arranged.
Who We Can Cater For
Because of the boats we use and safety kit that is available we cannot cater for everyone.
- You must be at least 11 years old and weigh above 30kg.
- All children below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- All participants must weigh between 30kg and 110kg which is what our safety equipment is rated for.
- It you are pregnant then I'm sorry but you will not be able to come on this tour.
- If you have any other medical/other important information that we should be aware about you must include this on your booking. This is so we can assess whether this tour is appropriate and if we can cater for your needs safely. If it's not possible to go ahead with your booking we will let you know at the earliest opportunity.
Is It For You?
For those who want an adventure come and 'explore more' with Falklands Outdoors. Falklands Outdoors are the only tour operator in the Falklands offering sea kayaking and other adventurous activities.
A. Not at all. All abilities are welcome although you must be physically up to the challenge of carrying, launching and paddling for an extended period of time.
A. No, there will be no need to enter the water if you do not want to. The kayaks that we use are extremely stable and designed to keep you up the right way.
A. Yes - then this is the tour for you. Falklands Outdoors are the only tour provider offering outdoor adventurous activities, and locations are chosen for remoteness and to provide a completely different perspective to the normal tourist trail.
A. Yes - great, sea kayaking in the South Atlantic can be challenging. The weather can change quickly and the sea temperature is certainly fresh! However, the rewards far outweigh any discomfort.